First use the expression editor to create the expressions as described below. Then create a model of the I section shown here. Use the bottom (simpler) section.
- The section must be centered such that the center (centroid) lies at the origin of the model.
- The profile must be oriented such that the X axis is horizontal.
- Name your file HW03_UUID.prt (units are inches).
Create the following expressions: b, d, s, t, and h.
- d will control the overall height, enter a value of 3 for now.
- b is half of d
- s is 1/8 of b
- t is equal to s
- h is 2*s less than d
- Note: Do not use h to control geometry.
Extrude the section 3 times longer than the height (d).
Turn in TWO types of files.
- Your NX part file with filename: HW03A_UUID.prt
- Screenshots showing the following:
- Your completed part navigator structure
- Your properly defined sketch
- The Section Properties (MOI, Area, etc.)