Use Excel to create a worksheet that will program the CNC Mill to drill holes at user-entered X and Y coordinates.
See: Lecture for important details
- The spreadsheet must be able to drill any number of holes up to ten maximum.
- All holes will be the same depth. User will enter depth for all holes.
- User will enter the following:
- Drill diameter
- Hole depth (positive value, cylindrical depth)
Tip angle(tip angle = 118°)
- Tool number
- Work origin (g54, G55, etc.)
- Peck Depth
- Clamp height
- For each hole, user will enter:
- X location
- Y location
- Whether or not to jump after drilling.
- You will need to CALCULATE the z depth based on hole diameter and tip angle.
- Hint: The amount to add =(dia/2)/(TAN((RADIANS(angle/2))))
- Limit P and Q decimals to two.
You will be given a drawing similar to the one below. You will be given the class period to enter the information and generate a program. Programs submitted after the end of class will be considered late.