Create a spreadsheet with two worksheets, one for a simply supported beam with a uniformly distributed load (diagram 1) and another for a cantilever with with a concentrated load at the free end. The spreadsheet needs to meet the following criteria:
- You will state any assumptions clearly.
- The beam will be rectangular in cross-section.
- User will enter values for the following:
- Load intensity (weight per unit length)
- Length of span
- Base and height of beam cross-section (see note 2).
- User entry fields will be shaded green with a bold border.
- Spreadsheet will calculate all of the values on the beam diagram.
- Spreadsheet will also calculate:
- Section modulus
- Maximum bending stress
- Shear stress at an arbitrary plane (user enters ybar)
- Maximum shear stress
- All fields (input/output) will be clearly labeled with units.
- Include a labeled diagram of the beam and cross-section (you may cut and paste).
- Name your file LASTNAME_BEAMS.xls