BRING THIS: Lab 1 Assignment Sheet
Note: ONLY PUT YOUR ANSWERS ON THE ASSIGNMENT SHEET.
BE NEAT. Illegible answers are wrong answers.
Answers in the wrong blank are wrong answers.
Bring a sheet of scratch paper and a calculator to lab.
Get out of lab early…Come prepared!
Before the lab period you need to do the following:
- Read Degarmo Chapter 10 – Measurement, Inspection and Testing
- Print out the lab assignment sheet. You will turn this in.
- Do the following applets and watch the videos.
Metric Micrometer (video)
Inch Micrometer (video)
Dial Calipers (applet)
Vernier Calipers (video)
Sine Bar & Gage Blocks
- First watch the part about using a sine bar (Video)
- Then watch from the beginning about gage blocks (video)
Applets & Additional Information
These are optional, but helpful. They do not run on many devices.
Gage Blocks (applet)
Sine Bar (applet)
Link back to lecture notes on measuerment
Docx version of the lab assignment
Micrometer and Vernier Scale Drawings