This course is intended to be an introduction to basic metalworking processes. The curriculum is designed as a freshman-level course within for a four-year Engineering Technology program. Topics include: Metal manufacturing processes, including traditional machining, computer numerical control, and thermal metal cutting/joining; measurement, layout, and inspection techniques as applied to integrated manufacturing systems.
4. Metal classification, metallurgy, and heat treatment.
- 4a. Introduction to metals
- 4b. Commercially Important Metals
- 4c. Phase diagrams
- 4d. The Iron-Carbon System
- 4e. Heat Treating
10. Cutting fluids
13. CNC principles
15. Thermal Joining processes and Techniques